The scrolled window setting is a feature in Snagit that can be used to capture a page or application whose contents are too long or too wide to fit in one window. There is an "auto-scroll" setting which is supposed to scroll the window vertically or horizontally until all the content is captured.
I've never been able to get that to work and assumed it was broken on Windows XP. Perhaps it works on Vista. After playing with all the options I did finally manage to find a good workaround, although I still can't get the default "auto-scroll" setting to work.
- Have the target window open and ready to go. Here we're using a long page from TechSmith's site, with the window sized very small around it.
- Open Snagit, and under Profiles, select Scrolling window (Web page)*.
- Under Profile Settings, select Advanced > Extended Window.
- The current dimensions of the captured area are shown in the boxes.
- Enter larger numbers in both boxes and click "update Preview". You may have to experiment with the dimensions a few times until the preview shows all the content. Click OK to take the screenshot.