iPhone error message: “This accessory is not made to work with the iPhone”
If your iphone starts flashing the error message “This accessory is not made to work with the iphone” whenever you plug it in to try to sync it with iTunes, try plugging it directly into the computer, with no hub or dock in between.
Dirt or corrosion in the socket in the iPhone can also cause this, and sometimes it can be solved by scrubbing the socket with a clean dry toothbrush.
You may also be interested in...
- IOS7 Visual Accessibility
- iPhone Google Maps stops talking: no voice on turn by turn directions
- A few rough spots in iCloud
- There are purchased items on the iPod that have not been transferred
- iPhone “Waiting for Activation” message
- Installing .mobileconfig files on iPad (Setting up MWireless and U-M VPN)
- Troubleshooting iPhone “No-Service” messages, part 3
- Missing scrollbars on the iPad in some webpages
- Troubleshooting “No Service” messages on iPhone, part 2
- iPhone won’t sync to iTunes: disconnects during sync.