No audio in Flash 9 in Windows XP
I’ve come across several PC’s that will play Flash videos, but with no audio. There appear to be a couple of possible fixes to try, thanks to Selder and others in the Weyland.be blog.
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Audio and make sure the Status is “Started“. You will no doubt need administrative access to do this.
- Go to Start > Run
- Type “regedit”
- The registry will open.
- Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Drivers32
- Create a new String value named “wavemapper“. As value give it “msacm32.drv“. (Right click the right window, then select New >String Value from the menu that pops up.
- Enter “wavemapper” and it will add that to the list.
Double-click wavemapper in the list and enter msacam32.drv in the Value Data box.
- Close the registry window.